Pop-Up: Franklin Park Art Grove: Opening Celebration, was held August 8-9th 11am-6 pm in the Franklin Park Wilderness Picnic Grove. Performative and sculptural work from local artists who integrated the natural and cultural landscape into their piece following the theme “Endurance,” featuring the work of talented local artists. A weekend of artwork, food trucks, performing arts, artist led workshops, and music in Boston’s neighborhood park this summer. This event was free and open to the public. Sponsored by Boston Art Commission,Franklin Park Coalition, New England Foundation for the Arts, Boston Cultural Council and The Trotter Institute for African American Studies.
Franklin Park Art Grove Founder and Creative Director: Carolyn Lewenberg.
Pop Up: Franklin Park Art Grove in the Media
- FRANKLIN PARK ART GROVE: CULTIVATING AN ARTISTIC LANDSCAPE, by Carolyn Lewenberg, Founder/Creative Director
Franklin Park Art Grove
- Improper Bostonian, August Issue, page 86.
- UMass Boston News: Trotter Institute Co-presents Weekend of Public Art, Performing Arts & Discussion in Franklin Park
- Official Pop Up Facebook Page
- Original “Call for Artists” with project description
- Jamaica Plain Gazette
- Mayor Walsh announces Pop Up: Franklin Park Art Grove 2015